Iowa State University - State Gym Expansion & Renovation
Services provided on this project:
This expansion and renovation provides the ISU campus with a comprehensive west-campus-based recreational facility which complements the choice of recreational activities currently available at the Lied Recreation and Athletic Complex on the east side of campus. This project also links Beyer Hall with the expanded State Gym providing additional facilities and increased activity choices without the need to build all new facilities. In addition, this linkage and reuse of State Gym provides a positive identity and gives new life to the historical campus icon that State Gym represents.
Interior Design Overview:
Landscape Architecture Overview:
Lighting Design Overview:
The Recreation Expansion & Renovation project is RDG's third LEED project on ISU's campus. The 163,000sf facility is the largest LEED project on campus to date and incorporates a variety of sustainable practices, including: rainwater harvest system, daylight design & control system, solar hot water, material conservation, and many others.
- CLIENT: Iowa State University
- COMPLETE: January 2012
Renovation of State Gym, Beyer Hall and Addition to State Gym: 163,239 sq ft; Air Conditioning at Lied RAC: 40,262 sq ft
- National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) - Outstanding Sports Facility Award - 2013
- IIDA Great Plains Chapter - Silver Award - Retail/Wellness/Hospitatlity Division - 2013
- Recreation Management Magazine - Innovative Architecture & Design Award - 2013
- SUSTAINABLE: Certified LEED for New Construction v2.2 - Platinum
- View Related Project Types:
Sports, College & University