Career Opportunity: Architect - Parks
Are you passionate about helping people engage with the outdoors? Do you appreciate making lasting impacts on projects of all scales? Do you enjoy parks, trails and outdoor spaces?
RDG’s Parks and Recreation Studio is seeking someone with experience designing all things vertical in outdoor environments - amphitheaters, cabins, nature lodges, shelters, pavilions, restroom buildings, aquatic facilities and beyond. We’re always open to new opportunities to pursue challenging projects as a collaborative team. Our team is currently looking for a passionate architect to focus on design of park-specific architecture. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to design innovative, historic, and artful park facilities that create destinations for park users of all ages and abilities. With a diverse portfolio of parks architectural work to date, we see this position as an opportunity to expand our horizons and extend our ability to pursue meaningful work in the communities we serve.
If you're someone who thinks big, cares about design sustainability and thrives in a relationship-driven environment, we'd love to meet you.
Essential Job Functions
- Excels at programming, designing, and overseeing the documentation of public buildings and structures
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop project vision and programming
- Communicate ideas through written, visual and verbal communications
- Serve as a project manager for projects of various scales and at different phases
- Develop renderings and other hand and digital communication that supports the design story
- Learn, develop and push the envelope on design while being sympathetic to the surrounding environment.
- Produce presentations that communicate our design expertise
- Apply knowledge of codes and work with outside consultants
- Ability to represent the firm at public forums and events
- Demonstrate understanding of construction practices and methodologies
- Future thinking collaborator
- Builds meaningful relationships with team members and clients
- A continuous learner who constantly looks at how they can improve themselves and the firm
- Develops successful strategies for project execution
- Successfully leads other architects and project teams
- Appreciates opportunities to mentor and develop project teams
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Architectural registration preferred
- Focus on collaboration, architectural design and implementation
- Proficient in Revit, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office applications
Location: Preferred location is Des Moines but open to Denver, Iowa City, Kansas City, Omaha or St. Louis locations.
Electronic cover letter, resume, and portfolio submission only: APPLY ONLINE
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.