Career Opportunity: BIM Coordinator
Calling all model makers! RDG Planning & Design is seeking a talented BIM Coordinator who can provide coordination throughout design and construction phases. The BIM Coordinator interfaces between design teams and consultants throughout the entire life cycle of a project and assist with implementation of RDG’s BIM Project Execution Plans. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, seeks out and resolves issues through close interaction with other project team members, offers hands-on training and explore areas for innovative project delivery.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage BIM coordination schedules with project team, including standards and symbols to maintain uniformity.
- Proactively manage clash detection and visual walkthroughs to resolve conflicts.
- Create and conduct one on one and group training in Revit and Civil 3D.
- Create new applications via visual scripting and C# and/or Python programming.
- Advanced skill using Autodesk Revit for architectural and MEP disciplines (Revit proficiency exam), Navisworks, and Civil 3D.
- Read and understand design and contract documents.
- Innovate; finding new opportunities to advance BIM practices.
- Advanced PC skills, specifically Bluebeam and Microsoft Windows applications (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Two-year technical degree in architecture or related field.
- Three or more years professional experience using recent versions of Revit focused on family creation, LOD, model standards, and document health (five or more years preferred).
- One or more years professional experience using recent versions of Navisworks, BIM 360 and Dynamo (three or more years preferred); one or more years professional experience coordinating with MEP consultants in Revit.
- Experience with visual scripting, programming, and computational design preferred.
Des Moines, Omaha or St. Louis are preferred, but we are open to other locations for the right candidate.
Electronic resume and portfolio submission only: APPLY ONLINE
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.