2021 RDG Mentorship Competition
People are at the heart of everything we do – from the way we practice design to the way we express our company culture. At RDG, we believe each individual has the power to contribute to the collective good, and it all starts with making the right connections.
Our mentorship competition is a unique offering that matches students with experienced professionals. Designed to support your growth and development, the RDG mentorship program creates lasting connections, offering the next generation of designers a source of individualized wisdom, teaching and support.
But enough about us. We want to hear from you. Tell us why design matters to you and how you hope to impact individuals in the environments you create. Your submission will consist of a video and pdf. The point is to be creative and tell us how you want to use design to make people’s lives better.
Requirements for Consideration
- Must be 3rd year or above in the school of Architecture, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture or other related design affiliated industry programs similar to the RDG areas of practice
What's in it for you
- Paired with a mentor in your area of study for 1 school year
- Meet with mentor quarterly
- Shadow day at RDG office
- Opportunity to present studio project
- Mock interview
- Attend a client meeting
- Volunteer at RDG’s Design Residency program
- $1000 scholarship
What we need from you
- Like we said before, we'd love to know why design matters to you and how you feel it impacts people and our communities. Put your thoughts into a 60-90 second video, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, and send us a link.
- A one page 11x17 PDF that shows your design capabilities
- Your Name
- Year in program
- Expected graduation date
- Your desired RDG office location - Des Moines, Omaha, St. Louis
Take all of that, put it in an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org