Career Opening: Computational Designer
Do you speak Python and C#? Do you enjoy dissecting complex problems to find creative and innovative solutions? Are you an experienced computational designer? Then you just might be the perfect fit for this position.
RDG Planning & Design is looking to hire an individual to develop and maintain a state-of-the-art BIM data platform for design based on the Autodesk Revit platform. This individual will develop tools, techniques and data utilization options to enhance project design production through automated workflows, contributing not only to RDG’s existing design process, but also helping guide the development of new innovative computational approaches to the A/E/C industry.
Essential Job Functions
- Maximize BIM productivity by streamlining processes and defining project workflows.
- Develop application solutions working with C# and Python, writing scalable, reusable and maintainable code and prepare parametric based dynamic content.
- Create and implement training programs improving efficiency and consistency using BIM standards, process, and tools.
- Create custom schedules within the BIM platform for data relay.
- Effectively use Python and C# languages to plan and develop custom add-ins.
- Advanced skill using Autodesk Revit (Revit proficiency exam), Navisworks, Civil 3D, Rhino and Grasshopper.
- Advanced PC skills, specifically Bluebeam and Microsoft Office applications.
- Master’s degree in architecture, engineering or computer science.
- Seven or more years professional experience providing implementation, training and support in Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks and BIM 360
- Five or more years professional experience managing BIM, including BIM 360 for architecture, MEP and civil engineering.
- Three or more years professional experience using Python and/or C#, creating user interfaces for WPF applications.
- Experience with complementary BIM software, including Navisworks, ReCap, Tekla, Procore, Solidworks, Sketchup, Rhino, Assemble, PlanGrid, Newforma, SAP and Grasshopper.
Des Moines, Omaha or St. Louis are preferred, but we are open to other locations for the right candidate.
Electronic resume and portfolio submission only: APPLY ONLINE
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.