Career Opening: Landscape Architect Internship - Spring Semester 2019
Locations: Des Moines, IA; Omaha, NE
Who We Are
Create. Meaning. Together.
RDG is unique in our team-oriented design, offering a blend of professional knowledge and talent in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Strategic Planning, Interior Design, Engineering, Lighting Design, Integrated Art, and Multimedia. Our process encourages active involvement from multiple disciplines from early program meetings to final post-occupancy evaluation. With this breadth of resources, we solve problems in creative and sustainable ways, embracing solutions that reduce environmental impact, lower energy waste, improve health, and heighten productivity.
RDG is where great people with great ideas truly make a difference. Our Landscape Architecture studio comprises collaborative creative visionary professionals who create high-quality environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Our design solutions are predicated upon a belief that sustainability is an inherent part of design.
Requirements for Landscape Architect Internship
This position collaborates with other design professionals, clients, and the public in a creative environment on a broad range of unique projects. We are looking for individuals with proven design leadership and great problem-solving skills who can effectively communicate design ideas and solutions.
- Programming, site analysis, schematic design, systems coordination, code research, design development, construction documents, material research, document coordination, construction observation
- Generate 3D computer models, still images and animations helping clients understand the design
- High level of design competence
- Proficient in Autodesk, SketchUp, Adobe, and Microsoft Office applications
- Solid verbal and graphic presentation skills
Electronic cover letter, resume, and portfolio submission only: APPLY ONLINE Please select Des Moines or Omaha as office of interest.
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.