Educare of Washington D.C.
Services provided on this project:
- Interior Design,
- Landscape Architecture,
Weaving: A word which reflects the unique environment and program designed for Washington D.C.’s Parkside neighborhood. Located just under four miles from the U.S. Capitol Building, RDG assisted the Educare Learning Network in creating the fourteenth school in their growing national network. This model early childhood school unites the national partners of the Network with local public-private partners and the D.C. neighborhood to improve early education for at-risk children in the District of Columbia . It blends the best programmatic and environment characteristics of the Network’s current schools to provide care and learning for 175 children, birth to five years old. The built environment establishes interconnections between the inviting interior spaces of the facility along with inspiring outdoor play areas. Educare of Washington D.C. is a place that nurtures not only the children that pass thru its doors but also the understanding that why this act of nurturing is important.
Interior Design Overview:
Landscape Architecture Overview:
- CLIENT: Bounce DC
- COMPLETE: July 2012
- AIA Nebraska Chapter - Merit Award - 2014
- IIDA Interior Design Award - Great Plains Chapter - Gold Award for Education Project under 50,000 SF - 2013
- IIDA Interior Design Award - Great Plains Chapter - Best of Show Award - 2013
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. - Merit Award - 2012
- AIA Central States Region - Commercial Architecture Citation Award - 2013
- SUSTAINABLE: Certified LEED for New Construction v3.0 - Silver
- View Related Project Types: