Southern Methodist University - Dedman Center Expansion & Renovation
Services provided on this project:
- Landscape Architecture
This Student Recreation Center supports new programs, encourages greater student participation, and integrates the university's liberal arts and academics with wellness and recreation. This compelling design totally reconfigures and re-builds the original Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports and architecturally engages it into the Collegiate Georgian fabric of the SMU campus. A hub of energy and activity, the building is suffused with natural light to create a bright and welcoming center that well serves campus recreation and its far-reaching cheer camp programs.
Landscape Architecture Overview:
- CLIENT: Southern Methodist University
- COMPLETE: August 2005
65,000 Sq. Ft. Addition
80,000 Sq. Ft. Renovation
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Excellence in Construction - 2006
- Aquatech Builders Society - Gold Medal / Silver Medal - 2007
- National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) - Outstanding Sports Facility Award - 2007
- Recreation Management Magazine - Innovative Architecture & Design Award - 2007
- View Related Project Types:
From the specially designed upholstery on the chairs in the foyer to the bathing suit dryer in the locker room, we can't ask for anything more. The amenities that the Dedman center offers make working out easier than ever before. The only way working out at Dedman would be easier is if they had people who could work out for you.
- Daily Campus Newspaper