What is Vision Derby 2040 (and why should I care about it)?
As the City of Derby looks towards its future growth, a major goal is to create a clear mission of where it would like to be in the next 20 years. The City wants to remain a community of choice for attracting businesses and retaining and gaining new residents in a growing metropolitan area. To do this, the City is embarking on developing a roadmap for the future called Vision Derby 2040. The plan will provide recommendations, goals, and ideas on a diverse range of topics, including land use, transportation, housing, parks, infrastructure and economic development. It will consider challenges and opportunities that Derby expects to face over the next 10-20 years.
What are the goals of Vision Derby 2040?
- To create a policy plan that sets out the future direction across all elements that make Derby functional and unique.
- Create a vision and direction for the future, defined by Derby residents.
- Guide growth directions and future land use.
- Address projects and ideas that maintain and improve Derby’s quality of life.
- Address issues related to housing, corridors, and the community image to attract and retain residents and businesses.
- Identify an implementation strategy for both short and long-term needs.
Who is leading this project?
The City of Derby is preparing this plan in partnership with the residents of Derby. Vision Derby 2040 is guided by a project team that includes a steering committee of Derby residents, city officials, and community planning consultants from RDG Planning & Design. The project team will engage the public throughout the process to gather input, set goals and priorities, and refine the document.
How can I get involved?
Join the e-mail list to be notified of the public meetings and key project developments. To join the email list, click the Get Involved tab at the top of this web page and submit a comment. Community meetings throughout the process will engage the general public to set plan goals, design plan concepts, and review drafts of the plan. These meetings will be announced on the home page and through the City’s traditional public meeting notification channels.