The MidTown Tosa Strategic Master Plan is underway! On March 28th, the Steering Committee met for the first time. The Steering Committee includes representatives from various interest groups including business owners, neighborhood residents, developers, and other property owners. The Committee will meet regularly to provide their input, ideas, and direction for what the downtown plan needs to include and address, in addition to several input events open to the public.
During the first meeting, the Committee was introduced to the process and scope of the project. More importantly, the committee identified strengths and challenges facing downtown. Major themes were categorized by:
- Land Use and Zoning – MidTown Tosa has GREAT residents that are involved in the district.
- Business Mix – MidTown Tosa should maintain a good balance of residential and commercial uses, with many long standing businesses.
- Transportation and Parking – All modes of transportation should be possible and enhanced (walking, bicyling, bus, and vehicle).
- Urban Design and Image – There are a variety of building types in MidTown Tosa, with interest in updating properties. The district needs to have a cohesive look and feel.
- Parks, Public Facilities, and Infrastructure – MidTown Tosa should tie into existing park and trail systems.
- Housing and Neighborhood Connections – The surrounding neighborhoods should be incorporated into the fabric of MidTown Tosa.
To get involved, (1) take the survey here and (2) submit your ideas using the “Get Involved” tab!