Ready to Ride – Bike Tune-up Day at RDG!
In preparation for the upcoming Spring bike season and National Bike To Work Day on May 17, the Omaha office of RDG recently partnered with the pros from Omaha Bicycle Co. to offer services at an in-office Bike Tune-up Day, where employees could bring their bikes into the office for safety checks, quick fixes, and assessments on larger repairs and materials. Officially, there are now over 20 bikes in the RDG fleet that are primed and ready to ride.
With bike season fast approaching, the intent of the workshop was to get a head start on ensuring the safety and functionality of employees’ bikes. Knowing that riders who are confident in their safety are more likely to ride, our goals were to:
- boost bicycling enthusiasm and ridership
- familiarize riders with their bikes
- eliminate barriers to bike-riding
- learn more about biking attire and conduct
- increase participation in the challenges
- help to decrease our collective environmental footprint
- save everyone a trip to the bike shop
We’d like to extend a huge thanks to Omaha Bicycle Co. for being excellent partners for our Bike Tune-up Day! They perfectly complemented our office culture of wellness, sustainability, and cycling, and we’re looking forward to working together again. Click here to learn more about Omaha Bicycle Co!