Career Opportunity: Spec Writer
Peanut butter and jelly. S’mores and campfires. Ice cream and sprinkles. Some things are just better when they’re paired together. The same is true of designers and spec writers.
We’re looking for an experienced specification writer who can partner with our design teams to research and prepare materials lists and offer guidance on best practices and procedures. In this role, you’ll develop project manuals to include bidding, contracting, general requirements and requirements for selected materials and products.
Interested in being the spec writing macaroni to our design cheese? Read on and apply!
Essential Job Functions
- Assist design teams with product and material research and selection
- Develop and maintain office master specifications
- Prepare architectural specifications and oversee the assembly of Project Manuals
- Analyze product substitution requests during procurement period; answer specification-related questions during construction phase
- Educate team members on specification-related best practices and procedures
- Ability to both understand product and material properties and integrate those products and materials into building assemblies
- Apply codes and reference standards to project specifications
- Degree required: Architectural, Construction or other related degree
- Ideal years of experience: 10+ industry experience
- Experience in specific market/industry: 5+ years specification writing
- Ideal software knowledge: Microsoft Suite, Bluebeam, Procore, Revit
- Ideal Certifications: CDT and/or CCS
Electronic cover letter and resume submission only: APPLY ONLINE
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.