Career Opportunity: Sports Studio Project Architect
There’s an adrenaline rush in every sport, and the same is true for planning and design. From collegiate recreation and athletics to aquatic venues and community facilities, when you are part of RDG’s Sports Studio, you’re creating one-of-a-kind spaces that energize and inspire.
RDG Planning & Design is looking to immediately expand our team as we provide unmatched services for our Sports clients—crafting exceptional facilities that truly set them apart. Our ideal candidate will have valuable depth and breadth in our industry, and at a minimum will be a skilled communicator with a passion for award-winning design who possesses valuable technical knowledge, provides proven leadership and displays great problem-solving skills. We’ll need you to jump in headfirst on a broad range of sports-related work, including collaboration between diverse design teams, clients, and stakeholders serving collegiate athletics, collegiate recreation, community recreation, and more, nationwide.
Essential Job Functions
- Work interactively with clients, other design professionals and the public in a creative environment on a broad range of unique sports-focused projects
- Quickly grow to become a project manager, leading dynamic, award-winning sports and recreation facilities from the planning, design and documentation phase all the way through construction
- Learn, develop and push the envelope on design
- Produce presentations that communicate our team’s design expertise
Skills and Strengths
- Future-thinking collaborator
- Solid verbal, digital and graphic skills for client and design team presentations
- Skilled at developing client confidence
- Development of design ideas from conceptual planning phases through design detailing and construction administration
Education and Experience
- Five or more years of experience in architectural planning and/or design
- Licensed as an Architect, beneficial
- LEED Accreditation and/or WELL Building Accreditation beneficial
- Experience working directly with and/or managing teams creating design development and construction documents for complex projects using BIM systems
- Robust knowledge of Revit is required
- Broad technical knowledge including sustainable design principles, building systems, building codes, construction detailing, materials and construction administration experience
- Experience as a teammate in collaborative multidisciplinary planning, design and construction environments
- Proficiency in Enscape, Rhino, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and Microsoft Office applications, preferred
- Professional or personal experience in Sports Architecture, preferred
Location: Des Moines is preferred, other locations depending on experience
You can find out more about our Sports Studio online and learn about the great clients we serve, nationwide. Come join our team!
Electronic cover letter, resume, and portfolio submission only: APPLY ONLINE
RDG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.