Prince of Peace Catholic Church
Services provided on this project:
Twenty-five years in the making, Prince of Peace church is the new home to Catholics on the West side of Kearney, Neb. Led by RDG, the parish participated in the design preferring a traditional but simplified romanesque architecture. The plan is a cruciform symbolizing the whole community, the Body of Christ. The artwork, which is integral to the architecture, drew upon the Beuronese style which has historical ties to the faith and to Nebraska as seen in the artwork of the state capital. From the image of Christ as Pantocrator to the angels which surround the assembly, visual expression of liturgical truths are found throughout the church.
- CLIENT: Prince of Peace Catholic Church
- COMPLETE: August 2011
- American Concrete Institute Nebraska Chapter - Award of Excellence for outstanding work in concrete construction and practices - 2012
- IIDA Great Plains Chapter - Gold Award - Recreation / Religious - 2014
- View Related Project Types:
This is very impressive. It's a great landmark in their history. A parish is its people, and this will enhance the faith of the people.
- Rev. Mike McDonald, at the long-awaited dedication Mass on Aug. 5, 2011.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org