This addition is a 4-story infill between two wings of a 1922 inner city school. The addition boosts a new image for the school, housing a magnet school program in biology, media technology and engineering.
The engineering program uses the addition itself as a teaching element, with all of the building's systems exposed by design. Classrooms are visually open for both security of the occupants and to exhibit the activities within. Features include a 2-story greenhouse for biology which opens onto a green roof, a green room for video production with support rooms for sound recording and digital editing, and new practice facilities for the wrestling program.