St. Paul University Catholic Center

Madison, WI

Services provided on this project:

  • Architecture,
  • Interior Design,
  • Landscape Architecture,
  • Liturgical Furnishings Design

Architecture Overview:

St. Paul’s University Catholic Center is prominently located on the edge of the University of Wisconsin campus and has served Catholic students in Madison since Thanksgiving Day of 1883. Originally established as “The Melvin Club”, St. Paul’s became the first Catholic chapel at a secular university in the United States and gave birth to what would grow into the worldwide Newman movement. The new St. Paul’s will become a place where Catholic students can, study and worship together, as well as invite the greater university community into dialogue through the use of the new building.   The project was design by RDG Planning and Design in association with Matthew Alderman Studios.

Interior Design Overview:

Landscape Architecture Overview:

Liturgical Furnishings Design Overview:

  • CLIENT: St. Paul University Catholic Center
  • COMPLETE: December 2017
  • SIZE:
    54,000 Sq. Ft. of New Construction
  • View Related Project Types:
    Worship