City of Omaha and RDG to Host Series of Open Houses for Affordable Housing Action Plan
Community members are encouraged to attend events throughout the month of May to provide input and hear updates on the plan.
The City of Omaha and RDG Planning & Design will host a series of open house events designed to engage the local community regarding the development of the Omaha Affordable Housing Action Plan. The Plan, which is being developed in partnership with the City of Omaha’s Planning Department and M&L Associates, aims to identify effective strategies that address Omaha’s housing affordability needs particularly on quality affordable housing. Various open house events will take place during the first weeks of May 2022.
“The purpose of the Plan is to develop a for how Omaha can achieve the vision defined in the planning process for quality affordable housing options,” said RDG Principal Amy Haase, AICP. “These engagement sessions will help guide the development of the City’s Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing that will ultimately inform the Affordable Housing Action Plan and the Consolidated Plan.”
The series of open houses will be held at different district locations throughout the city and are free and open to the public. Specific dates and times are listed below:
- May 2: 6:30-8 p.m., Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center, 6400 University Drive S. Room 201/205
- May 3: 6-7:30 p.m., The Venue at Highlander, 2120 N. 30th Street
- May 4: 6-7:30 p.m., Benson High School, 5120 Maple Street
- May 5: 6-7:30 p.m., Livestock Exchange Building, The Brandeis Ballroom, 4920 S. 30th Street
- May 9: 6-7:30 p.m., Countryside Community Church, 13130 Faith Plaza
- May 11: 6-7:30 p.m., Millard West High School, 5710 S. 176th Avenue
- May 17: 6-7:30 p.m., Saddlebrook Community Center, 14850 Laurel Avenue
For RDG media inquiries, contact Erin Van Zee, RDG Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 449-0898.