Palmer College of Chiropractic
Services provided on this project:
- Interior Design,
- Landscape Architecture,
- Strategic Facilities Planning,
Palmer College’s roots in chiropractic education starts at the beginning of the profession in Davenport, Iowa. In 1897, Palmer College was founded by D.D. Palmer as the first and largest chiropractic school, laying the foundation for the future of the campus as well as the profession. A bold new vision for Palmer College of Chiropractic began with the development of a campus-wide facilities master plan. This vision looked to the future of Chiropractic education and knitted the development of Palmer’s image in that future. Three phases were selected from the 2016 Facilities Master Plan to move forward into design. Those phases are ordered by a domino effect beginning with the moving of the Student Clinic from the Existing Classroom Building. That program will land on the second floor of the Academic Health Center. The next phase will be a brand new Learning Commons, renovations of classrooms, and a monumental stair addition in the Existing Classroom Building. The last phase will be modernized Technique Rooms, Anatomy Labs, Radiology Labs, and outdoor study space in the existing Library Building as a result of the library being absorbed by the Learning Commons. This project was developed in collaboration with our partner Studio 483 in Davenport, Iowa.